Commissions, Ministries, and Committees
Adult Education – Barbara Stout
Class Organizers: Mark & Marilynn Swenson, Merriann Clark, Ned Armstrong, Barbara Stout
Kerygma classes, EFM, Adult Forum, Men’s Group, Bible Study, College & Young Adult Ministries
You can contact Adult Education by emailing them here.
Buildings & Grounds – Jonathan Hawkins
Commission Heads: Mark Kirkpatrick; Commission Member: Bro. Mark Jenkins, Tom Napier
Maintenance of building, grounds, parking lots, and equipment; Memorial Gardens, cleaning, Work Days, form and manage project groups
You can contact Buildings & Grounds by emailing them here.
Christian Formation for Children & Youth – Bill Oglesby
Commission Heads: Kristen Ketron
Nursery through 12th Grade; Sunday School Curriculum; Youth Group; Outreach & Youth Fellowship Activities
You can contact Children & Youth by emailing them here.
Communications – Rev. Brenda Overfield
Commission Heads: Staff
Website, Bulletin, Channel, Sound System, Facebook and other electronic media, Announcements on Parish call-in number, notices, etc.
You can contact Communications by emailing them here.
Fellowship – Michelle Henry, Junior Warden
Commission Heads: Meg Griffin, Beverly Norman; Progressive Dinner - Bree and Justin Cox; Cultural Series - John Murdock
Hospitality for events, Progressive Dinner, Parish Picnic, Pig Roast, Supper Club, Welcome & Hospitality
You can contact Fellowship by emailing them here.
Finance – Jeff Burke, Senior Warden
Commission Chair: Buck Flournoy
Finance Committee, Endowment Commission
You can contact the Finance by emailing them here.
Membership – Ann Tobias
Commission Heads: Lou Montgomery and Ellen Whitehead
Newcomers, Greeters, lapsed members, telephone tree, name tags, Friday Night Cheers, marketing, Commission Fair, Wine & Cheese Gatherings
You can contact Membership by emailing them here.
Outreach – Zachary Lowe
Commission Head: Jane Griffin
Food Pantry, CARITAS, Kairos, Christmas Mother, Micah, Lesana, Shelter Feeding, Habitat, etc.
You can contact Outreach by emailing them here.
Pastoral Ministries – Kathy Greatwood
Commission Head: The Rev. Brenda Overfield
Stephen Ministers, Lay Eucharistic Ministers, Liturgical Ministers, Healing Ministers
You can contact Outreach by emailing them here.
Stewardship – Hap Reisch
Commission Head: Darlene Kirkpatrick
Annual Giving, Stewardship, Comprehensive Campaign
You can contact Stewardship by emailing them here.
Worship – Rev. Brenda Overfield
Music & Choir, Acolytes, Acolyte Scheduling, Chalicers, Lay Readers & Youth Readers, Ushers & Offering ministers, Seasonal & special service planning, Weddings & Funerals, Altar Guild, Flower Guild, Children’s Liturgy
The Vestry is chaired by the rector and served by nine members, who are elected by the congregation to oversee the well being of the parish. The vestry is organized to reflect the mission and vision of the church and each vestry member has an area of responsibility. The vestry is assisted by the treasurer, the register, and the staff of the church. The work of the vestry is governed by the Canons of the Episcopal Church.
Vestry Liaisons are the fundamental link between the people of our church who are doing the many kinds of service, teaching, learning, prayer and fellowship, and the Vestry. The Vestry can perform its work best when it is informed about what is happening and what the needs are. It is critical for Vestry Members to have strong communication with the committees and groups that make up our Church. The Vestry Liaison helps ensure communications between the Committee and the Vestry, and between Committees and the Congregation. The Vestry Liaison fosters leadership and leadership training in the Church. Liaisons share the highlights of what they’ve learned with the Vestry.
Each Vestry Member should be a liaison with at least one of the Church Committees. Each year, the Senior Warden shall appoint Vestry Liaisons for each major (as defined by the Vestry Chair) Commission, ministry, or committee. The Senior Warden shall review liaison appointments with each Vestry Member prior to the formal appointment.
Roles and responsibilities as a Vestry Liaison:
- Be a source of support to the leadership of the assigned area of ministry. Provide information on church policies, Vestry goals, decisions, coach and mentor the leadership, and be a source of information and counseling.
- Keep the Vestry apprised of committee activities at each Vestry meeting. Vestry liaisons are encouraged to work with the Committee Chairs in keeping the Congregation aware of their activities
- Assist the Committee Chair in developing the committee mission statement, and objectives in support of the Church’s Vision statement and strategic plan.
- Be cognizant of the activities of the assigned area of ministry. Meet with the leader to ascertain progress, accomplishments, and problem areas, attend committee meetings, and be familiar with budget and expenditures.
- Encourage leader of the assigned area of ministry to practice good stewardship of resources monetary as well as people supporting the ministry. Specifically, make sure the leader is aware of budget, expenditures, and financial status.
- Be the advocate to the Vestry for assigned area of ministry. Communicate status, progress, accomplishments, significant problems, and needs on a regular basis, i.e., at least quarterly. Urgent matters should be addressed more frequently with the Rector, Senior Warden, and Vestry.
- Permit leaders to take charge, make decisions, and carry out the leadership role. The Vestry liaison role is characterized by good communication, support, coaching, and mentoring.
Finance: Buck Flournoy
Treasurer: Frank Warren
Asst. Treasurer: Andrea Larkin
Finance/Pledge Assistant: Nancy Foster
Recording Secretary & Registrar: Mark Jenkins, CFC